January 3, 2013

road to joy

life couldn't get any sweeter. i feel special tonight. some of my favorite people in the world think i'm beautiful and i can't help but giggle at the idea. i'm happy with the person i've become but i'm definitely not loving my physical self so when someone says i look pretty and truly means it, i'm in complete awe. i stop feeling insecure about myself (and feel awesome instead haha). looking back on my highschool years, i was awfully strange and i don't think people liked me very much. i was constantly daydreaming and escaping reality by watching far too many tv shows. intruding into a fantasy world used to make me feel safe and that's all i needed back then. i can't believe how much i've grown over the past two years. it's like medical school wasn't that bad after all as it made me value life. i found my inner self through photography. it's always on my mind and it sure is distracting me from school but i wouldn't give it up for anything. i love that i'm so passionate. it makes life so much more interesting. 
these are pictures of a gorgeous girl i met online. i'd say she's pretty much become my muse along with my sister. i've received fantastic feedback on my facebook page. kind, thoughtful souls allowing me to improve. i keep pushing myself to do things i've never done before and it's so incredibly gratifying for me to know that i might be inspiring someone, somewhere. i can't think of anything more rewarding and fulfilling than that.

















5 comments:

  1. these photos are so lovely, laura!
    i stumbled upon your photos a few weeks ago, and i am so so glad i did! they are so beautiful, like i looked at them many, many times to take it in. i absolutely love love love your photos. thank for sharing (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hello ximena,
      i can't thank you enough for your kind words, it's definitely made me a happy soul tonight.
      much love to you x

      Delete
  2. Wonderful photos my friend!! Have the happiest of New Years :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for your endless support, keith :) i've spent a few hours reading your blog tonight and it inspired me on so many levels. your writing is beautiful.
      happy new year to you, too!

      Delete
  3. beautiful post and beautiful photos! you're very talented :)

    ReplyDelete